JOURNEY ON THE HIGHWAY OF LIFE,
WITH SIDE TRIPS ALONG ALLEYS
NO ONE WANTED TO EXPLORE.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

CREAMY TOMATO PASTA


Since it was my rest day, I decided to cook something really special for my family. It's not everyday that I could spend time in the kitchen but I make sure to do so everytime I get a day off.

Like most Saturdays, my daughter was taken by her grandma to the Mall. They left in the afternoon and were due to be home in less than half an hour. I had nothing to do so I volunteered to do the cooking. One quick look inside the cupboards made me decide what to cook. I wanted something fast and easy to prepare yet delicious and satisfying at the same time. My daughter is pretty picky when it comes to food so I chose one of her favorites.
I cooked Creamy Tomato Pasta for dinner.





Turn that radio on, rev up the stove and let's start cooking! 

1) Cook spaghetti noodles as per package instructions. Of course, drizzle water with oil and add a pinch of salt. I used 250g of noodles for this dish.




2) Dice one medium-sized onion and mince four cloves of garlic. Chop the ham.




3) Once the skillet is hot enough, put one tablespoon of butter and one teaspoon olive oil. Stir until butter is melted. Add the onions. Add the garlic once onions are translucent.





4) Time to put in the ham. (This step can be omitted or you can use any other "sahog" that you want, i.e hotdog, chicken bits) Stir around.




5) Pour in the tomato sauce. (Now's the time to add seasonings/spices; I added a pinch of salt, a dash of ground black pepper, a pinch of ground red chili, and a dash of sugar.) Stir around. Let it cook until the sauce turns into a lovely dark red.







6) Remove from heat. Add a cup of cream. Stir around.






7) Throw in the spaghetti noodles. Toss gently. Make sure each noodle is thoroughly covered with the creamy sauce.




8) Serve. You can sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and some chopped basil leaves.


Yep. There you go folks. All done in less than 25 minutes.

Right about the time I finished cooking, my daughter and her grandmother arrived from their trip to the mall. Just in time! We ate this dish together with a serving of fried chicken marinated in lime juice and fish sauce. Perfect!

Why don't you try cooking this dish? It's definitely worth it.





The Verdict:

Deliciousness: 5 / 5
Quickness: 5 / 5
Easiness: 5 / 5
Budget-friendliness: 5 / 5




Want another Pasta Recipe? Try checking SPICY TUNA PASTA.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to say?